Posted in About Me, Dining, Entertainment, Las Vegas, Nightlife, tagged Attractions, BODIES... The Exhibition, T&T, TENDER steak & seafood, Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition on April 13, 2009|
2 Comments »
As one of our Sales Managers said, “Monday is Funday!”
To celebrate, I thought I’d do another Did You Know post:
- T&T has the largest piece of artwork in Vegas at 64 feet long
- TENDER steak & seafood has 340 selections of wine and 1,200 bottles
- Every month over 150 pounds of sugar is used at TENDER steak & seafood
- The pastry department at TENDER steak & seafood uses over 160 eggs per day
- In one year, over 30 film crews shot footage for movies or television shows at Luxor
- Because of its shape, there are no support beams within the pyramid
- You would need 8,848,000 eight ounce glasses of water to fill Luxor’s 5 pools
- It would take 9.8 football fields of glass to make up the sides of the pyramid
- It takes one week to clean each side of the pyramid
- 1,750 apartments (at 1,400 square feet each) would fit on Luxor’s Casino Floor
- At BODIES… The Exhibition, you can learn that 60,000 miles of blood vessels are found in the human body.
- At Titanic: The Artifact Exhibitionyou can see an actual piece of the Titanic ship. The piece weighs 15 tons and its installation at Luxor took over 24 hours.
- The portholes of the Titanic piece on display look into first class cabins
- At Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition you can learn that a first-class ticket for a parlor suite started at Titanic cost $4,350, which would be approximately $50,000 today. The most expensive rooms were more than $80,000 in today’s currency.
- At Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition you can learn that tennis player R. Norris Williams and his father, Charles D., felt it was too cold to remain out on deck as the ship went down, so they went into the gym to ride the exercise bikes.
Read Full Post »
Posted in Dining, Entertainment, Las Vegas, Nightlife, tagged Aurora Bar, Best Bartenders in Vegas, Carrot Top, Favorite Things in Vegas, LAX, Massage, Mojitos, Noir Bar, Nurture, Pedicure, Spa in Vegas, T&T, Tacos & Tequila, Top 5 on January 29, 2009|
3 Comments »
Yesterday, the Orbitz Travel Blog posted about their Top 10 Casino Lounges. I was excited to see that Liquidity, the Center Bar at Luxor had made the list! The post got me thinking about what my top five favorite and maybe unknown places at Luxor were. Without further adieu:
- Noir Bar inside LAX. Noir Bar has the most extraordinary bartenders you will ever meet. While I often get a PB&J martini there, if you name two of your favorite foods, the bartenders will whip up a drink with those ingredients. They are always spot on.
- T&T (Tacos & Tequila). By far my favorite spot for lunch. I know it sounds like marketing talk, but there really is a fun, high energy vibe there. The shrimp quesadilla and ceviche are my favorites. Plus, you can’t beat the free chips and dip they serve.
- Aurora Bar. Located off the main lobby, it’s great for people watching. You can always judge the quality of a place by their mojitos. And well, Aurora has the best mojitos I’ve ever had.
- Carrot Top. I know, the curly orange hair is wild. But, the show is great! Especially for locals. Carrot Top always mixes up his act and adds new, relevant skits. Plus, the laugh factor is high. It’s one show I really don’t mind watching again and again.
- Nurture, the Spa at Luxor. I’m a girl. The idea of a massage, pedicure and steam room all in one place is heavenly. While this spa has your typical offerings, they also have unique ones like a Coconut Scrub and a seasonal offer (i.e. Margarita scrub during summer). Plus, you can’t beat their prices or that the spa always offers 20% off to locals!
Read Full Post »