Here’s to four great years! Congratulations Barack Obama and good luck.
Posts Tagged ‘Sphinx’
This October celebrates Luxor’s 15th anniversary/birthday. In honor of being 15, I thought I’d share some interesting trivia about the “old” and the “new” Luxor throughout the rest of October.
Did you know:
- The Luxor light (or Beam) is the most powerful beam of light in the world. The Xenon beam can be seen from outer space and generates 42.2 billion candlepower.
- It takes a specially designed window washing device 64 hours to clean all four sides of the pyramid.
- Luxor’s ten-story Sphinx is taller than the original Great Sphinx in Egypt
- Luxor utilizes 16 incline devices called “inclinators” that transport guests at a 39 degree angle from the casino level to floors #6 and above. [side note: we now call these “elevators”]
- It takes 553,000 gallons of water to fill the five-acre pool area which includes four pools and four whirlpools.
- The IMAX Theatre at the Luxor was 68×84 feet making it one of the largest in the world. Note: The IMAX Theatre closed in 2008. Opening in its place will be Titantic: The Artifact Exhibition.
- Luxor is the second largest resort in the United States (based on number of guest rooms) with over 4,408 rooms and suites.