As one of our Sales Managers said, “Monday is Funday!”
To celebrate, I thought I’d do another Did You Know post:
- T&T has the largest piece of artwork in Vegas at 64 feet long
- TENDER steak & seafood has 340 selections of wine and 1,200 bottles
- Every month over 150 pounds of sugar is used at TENDER steak & seafood
- The pastry department at TENDER steak & seafood uses over 160 eggs per day
- In one year, over 30 film crews shot footage for movies or television shows at Luxor
- Because of its shape, there are no support beams within the pyramid
- You would need 8,848,000 eight ounce glasses of water to fill Luxor’s 5 pools
- It would take 9.8 football fields of glass to make up the sides of the pyramid
- It takes one week to clean each side of the pyramid
- 1,750 apartments (at 1,400 square feet each) would fit on Luxor’s Casino Floor
- At BODIES… The Exhibition, you can learn that 60,000 miles of blood vessels are found in the human body.
- At Titanic: The Artifact Exhibitionyou can see an actual piece of the Titanic ship. The piece weighs 15 tons and its installation at Luxor took over 24 hours.
- The portholes of the Titanic piece on display look into first class cabins
- At Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition you can learn that a first-class ticket for a parlor suite started at Titanic cost $4,350, which would be approximately $50,000 today. The most expensive rooms were more than $80,000 in today’s currency.
- At Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition you can learn that tennis player R. Norris Williams and his father, Charles D., felt it was too cold to remain out on deck as the ship went down, so they went into the gym to ride the exercise bikes.
Posted in About Me, Dining, Entertainment, Las Vegas, Nightlife | Tagged Attractions, BODIES... The Exhibition, T&T, TENDER steak & seafood, Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition | 2 Comments »
For the first time, Las Vegas participated in yesterday’s Earth Hour. On March 28, 2009 from 8:30pm – 9:30pm PST, the majority of the Strip went dark. It was eerie and cool at the same time. At Luxor, we turned off the Beam and all the lights on the pyramid. We almost looked invisible! Other iconic participants included the Welcome to Las Vegas Sign, Freemont Street Experience and the Bellagio Fountains.
Thanks to Vegas Rex, below are some really great pictures of Luxor during Earth Hour. You can see more of his Earth Hour pictures of the Las Vegas Strip here and some videos from the Las Vegas Sun here.
Posted in Las Vegas | Tagged Bellagio Fountains, Earth Hour, Freemont Street Experience, Las Vegas, Luxor, Welcome to Las Vegas Sign | 2 Comments »
One reason I and a lot of others like Luxor is because of our unique shape. I mean, how many people can say, “I work for a hotel that’s shaped like a pyramid?” Outside of Vegas, not many :)
With such a unique shape, the building also allows for some cool and creative outdoor ad placements. You can see some of them here.
For most of the building wraps, we partner with Sky Tag for the production and placement. This time was no different.
The ad is two-fold. Vice President of Luxor Marketing (and my boss), Brad Goldberg said, “We call this our ‘focus campaign’ with the goal being to drive people’s focus and attention on Luxor and Las Vegas.”
As we continue to move away from our Egyptian theme, this building wrap helps to remind people about the excitement, intrigue and mystique of both Luxor and Vegas.
“Now more than ever, we’re trying to get people to think about taking a break and to get away from the stress they may be encountering. We want to get them thinking about Las Vegas as a primary and economical vacation and business destination,” Goldberg said.
For more information, quotes and pictures, read this article by the Las Vegas Sun. For more information on partnering with Luxor, visit our Strategic Partnerships page.
Luxor's Newest Building Wrap
Posted in Las Vegas, Marketing Department Stories, Sneak Peak | Tagged Advertising, Advertising on Luxor, Building Wrap, Experiential Marketing, Las Vegas, Luxor | 11 Comments »
This month, the Living Section of the Las Vegas Review Journal (LVRJ
) is holding a contest to choose Vegas’s Sexiest Cocktail Waitress
At Luxor, we’re very excited because our own, Jordan Lee “J-Lee” Abeyta from LAX Nightclub
is among the ten finalists!
She’s awesome and gorgeous to boot. So, I have my fingers tightly crossed that she will win. You can help make that happen by voting here
by March 15, 2009.
Posted in Las Vegas, Nightlife | Tagged Cocktail Waitress, Contest, LAX, LVRJ, Vegas | Leave a Comment »
On February 12, the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit models invaded Las Vegas and more specifically, Luxor.
They flew from New York City in a SI One, a Southwest Airplane that had the cover model, Bar, painted across the entire plane.
They partied at LAX Nightclub.
The best part? They did some stunt driving on the top of our parking garage and in North Valet with some Nissan 370Z’s. One word to describe the experience? Awesome.
Don’t believe it? Watch Part One of the video series:
Posted in Entertainment, Las Vegas, Marketing Department Stories, Nightlife, Sneak Peak | Tagged Demaris Lewis, Jessica Hart, LAX Nightclub, Luxor Hotel, Melissa Haro, Nissan 370z, Sports Car, Sports Illustrated, Stunt Driving, Swimsuit Models, Video | Leave a Comment »